Thursday, August 18, 2011

He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
                               Annie Flint

Anyone else feeling like they are suffocating under the load of endless work? I know that August always has far more to do than hours of the day. I keep reminding myself that this season will also pass.

The words to the He Giveth More Grace were shared with me by several different people this summer. The words have been the constant refrain through my head recently.  Can I thank the Lord that my weakness is an opportunity to rely on His strength? Praise the Lord for His limitless love and grace. 

12 comments :

  1. That is so very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to this myself. Am organizing for the beginning of a new homeschool year. Just graduated my son last June and have been busy getting his transcripts done to start college, and with the adoption of Lauren (6) in January I'll have two grade schoolers, one who is still have real adjustment issues to being in a family and not an orphanage, plus who's English is still quite limited. Will have to combine K and 1st grade this year, plus find a program to help me deal with a major speech issue she has. Hannah (7) who is in 2cd grade has still been doing lite school over the summer to keep the cobwebs of the brain : ). With this heat my time outside to garden, and get projects done has been limited. It's not anything major, it's just lots of little things. Have been taking early morning time to find my grounding in Him and begin my day with some measure of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen ... His grace is sufficient and it is always there when we need it (or need MORE of it!). God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and so very true...I am happy to have found your blog....I will be certain to come again....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Gina! Just what we both needed today! Blessings to you and yours as you continue to live faithfully for Him where He has called you! :-)

    ~Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I told you lately what a blessing you are to my life, to my walk with the Lord. Awake since 3:30 am thinking about all that is ahead, this is the message from the Lord I needed. Thank you for allowing Him to use you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! I love this hymn and have seen its truth in my own life countless times. My summer has been far busier than I ever anticipated, and more than once I have found myself feeling as if I just can't do any more. But praise God His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words of encouragement. I love this hymn. It never fails to help me realize that God's grace is right there for me even in the midst of very mundane repetitive tasks, such as changing a poopy diaper again or cleaning up pee from yet another potty training moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina,
    I could not believe when I opened my computer to your site; reading the words of the poem couldn't have been more fitting for my life. I have been dealing with some family issues and remembering these words will give me strength and solitude. Thank you so much and many blessings.

    Debbie S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina~ Thank you so much for sharing this! Sweet words for my weary soul to be sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails