Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crustless Quiche


In the summer, meals at our house get simpler. I especially like versatile recipes that can be adapted for whatever kind of vegetable is in season, such as great green vegetable pasta, crockpot chicken, roasted vegetables, and beef and vegetable casserole.

One of our favorites is quiche. I rarely bother with a crust, just dump it into a pan. This recipe can be used with any kind of vegetable. It is a good way to use some leftover meat, like ham, beef, or chicken. But I sometimes let out the meat and just add more vegetables.

The variations with different vegetables, kinds of cheese, and seasonings.


Crustless Quiche


1 cup chopped vegetables
1 cup chopped cooked meat (or more  vegetables)
1 cup cheese
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste

Layer vegetables, meat, and cheese in pie pan or 9x9 casserole. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over top. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

10 comments :

  1. Yummy!! Have you tried using puff pastry? I always use it, adds a great texture and is always handy in the freezer. REgular quiche bases are so crumbly and sometimes better to just leave it on the plate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog and really love it. What a great recipe. I will have to try that. My courgettes are growing very good, so I can put them in the quiche.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a vegetarian, I love to make quiche but I never thought about going crustless. This sounds so yummy! I will definitely be making this sometime soon to use up some fresh veggies!
    Thank you fot another great idea!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, easiest quiche I ever saw!

    I don't usually make a piecrust for quiche. I'll do a crumb crust with cornmeal, or the shredded potato one in More with Less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina,
    I love simple meals and often have all these ingredients on hand. Great for dinners when the day gets away from me and I don't have a plan. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making crustless quiches for a very quick dinner! I have never added flour to my eggs though so I will have to try your recipe the next time I make quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having crustless quiche for supper--very easy, simple and filling. Using leftovers makes it very frugal as well!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello -- I am a novice cook--- this recipe sounds easy and versatile ...do I use plain ( all purpose ) flour or self rising ??? thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is delicious! I made it with mushrooms. I blended the eggs, milk, and flour in the blenderfor a smooth texture.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails