Monday, August 22, 2011

Dutch Oven Recipes

Several of you asked for some recipes from the Dutch Oven Gathering last month. I'm sharing the winning recipes.

I actually did not eat any of these. One of the downfalls of being hosts is going through the line at the very last, when some pots are already licked clean. Don't waste any pity on me. There was so much food that I had plenty of other options.

If you don't have a dutch oven, these recipes can be made in a regular oven.

Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread - find recipe at Voracious Appetite

Golden Chicken Rolls

6 chicken breast, skinned, boned, and split               

12 thin slices of ham                                  
12 slices of swiss cheese                             
1/2 cup butter melted
crushed croutons
Parmesan cheese

Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

Flatten chicken. Place ham and cheese on each. Roll like a jelly roll.  Dip each roll in butter then in crushed croutons and parmesan cheese.

Spread layer of sauce in pan and place chicken on top. Use rest of  sauce between chicken pieces.
Bake 350 for 40 min. or until brown

For the dutch oven, we used chicken tenders in place of breast and we added bacon crumbles with the meat and cheese.

Stuffed Mushrooms

2 pk. small mushrooms
1/2 cup butter
1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/2 - 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Lightly rinse mushrooms, pop out stems.  Melt butter, add bread crumbs and cheese.  Mix until melted.  Bake 350 for 20 min.

9 comments :

  1. Wow - yummy!

    Thanks, Gina!

    I trust you are finding God sufficient for the task he has called your family to.

    Have a great day!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must get out that Dutch oven! Oh, that pepperoni recipe looks marvelous. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dutch oven is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful. I'm Dutch, but I never heard of these ovens. I like them very much. I think it must be Deutsch ovens ( from Germany), just like Pensilvania Dutch, which has to be Deutsch too.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the recipes. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I originally found your blog a few years ago searching for cloth diaper information. I'm just curious, do you still cloth diaper?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. flarffy
    I sure do! Cloth diapers are on the line at this very moment! Since my youngest is now two - I really should be working on potty training. But she doesn't appear to "get it" in my trial run - so I'm giving it more time.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello gina,
    mmmmmh it looks very delicious.is that recipes only for an dutch oven?
    thanks !!!!
    have a nice evening,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pull-apart pizza recipe looks delicious! I have eaten SO much pizza during this pregnancy. It just hits the spot every single time!

    Looking forward to seeing you guys fairly soon! I ran into Jolene at Rosie's, and told her even if I had the baby it would be fun to come and see everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails