Thursday, March 18, 2010

Artisan Breads Every Day - Straun


Continuing through Peter Reinhart's new bread book.

This is a soft sandwich type bread that contains many different grains including cornmeal, oats, wheat bran, and brown rice. My loaves were a little heavier then some of the other recipes but the bread was very delicious. I like it toasted with butter and honey! Mmmm!

I substituted 3 cups of whole wheat flour for 3 of the cups of white flour and also added 3 T vital gluten. I increased the water by 1/4 cup. Next time I'd like to try the variation of adding some sourdough. I think the flavor would even be better!

1 comment :

  1. I just have to say that I have been following your blog for a while now and you really inspire me in my commitment to my family. It is so easy to let the world in and not see our family for the blessings that they are. You really project how important being a Mother and Wife really are. I only read a few blogs to try to keep my time on the computer to a minumum. But I always check in for a yummy recipe or tidbit on family.
    Keep up the good work.
    In Christ Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails