Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Enjoying God's World - May Beach Edition

Visiting a new area last week gave us ample opportunity for nature study. None of our children remembered being at the beach, so it was an exciting time of discovery. Here is a few of the things we enjoyed doing and learning.
Watching the surf.
Playing in the shallow waters of the sound.
Discovering the difference in taste, smell and feel of salt water.
Noticing low and high tide.
Looking for the ways plants adapt to ocean side life.
Finding wildlife that lives by the sea
including crabs,
turtles,
toads,
and lots of birds.
Discovering how beach life and storms affect people
by visiting a life saving station,
lighthouse,
riding a ferry,
and visiting another lighthouse.
Climbing huge sand dunes,
flying kites,
and digging in the sand.
So much fun mixed with lots of learning - an unforgettable experience!

Anyone want to guess where we went?

14 comments :

  1. Cape Cod?
    Cumberland Island?

    I don't have a clue, but it looks like you all had fun. The beach looks desserted and that is the way I like it. We like to go when the crowds have gone, so October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Did you go to Pugent Sound? Hope I spelled it right. Where ever you went it looks beautiful.

    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. From looking at the lighthouses, it looks like Cape Hatteras, NC. :-) Whereever it was, it looks so warm and relaxing! :-)

    ~eunice b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful. I love how you had the beach to yourselves. What a wonderful time to go. Was it North Carolina?

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going out on a limb here- Ocracoke Island? Definitely NC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say Maine 'cause there are some places in Maine that look like this, but because it looks warmer than that I'll say NC. Not sure where. I'm not familiar with the NC coast line. Florida? No too hot there. I think NC somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are beautiful, the first one is my favorite! I'm curious, what type of camera do you have? Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My guess is the "Outer Banks" (VA/NC)?? The pictures are breath-taking - what a wonderful memory to sustain you for the rest of the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll guess Cape Cod, but would sure like to KNOW!

    Looks like a WONDERFUL trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you guys had a blast. We are planning at least one beach trip this summer and the kids are so excited to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the Ocracoke Lighthouse so you were there and probably Nags Head area. I live in Virginia Beach about an hour from Nags Head. I love their beaches! It looks like you and your family had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot even attempt to guess anything, but the east coast.

    What a lot of fun adventures you had? So many sights. What an awesome God to create all this for us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asoteague or Chincateage Islands? Have no idea how to spell it! Looks like you had some wonderful family time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ocracoke Island, NC

    Samuel

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails