Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Breakfast Burritos

These breakfast burritos are one of my favorite breakfast meals. The recipe makes a big batch and freeze well. The children like to help with the cheese-sprinkling and tortilla-folding.

1 lb sausage
1 onion, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped (I left this out this time.)
1 lb (3 cup) hashed brown potatoes
1 dozen eggs, beaten
1 can cream of mushroom soup
20 10-inch tortillas
1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded

Fry sausage with onion and pepper. Add potatoes and lightly fry.
Add eggs and fry until cooked.
Mix in soup.
Spoon in tortilla.
Sprinkle in cheese.
Fold tortilla. Wrap and freeze.
Heat covered in microwave or oven. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

5 comments :

  1. Nice! I have had making breakfast burritos on my mind lately too. I think its a great idea to make them ahead for the summer so I can spend time enjoying my children more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and your recipes look soo good! What I was wondering about the breakfast burritoes is...how do you freeze them? Individually? In freezer bags? And when you microwave them do you just use the defrost function? We're going camping next month and these would be perfect for our trip! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth Ann-

    Hmmm....I should have been more specific. I have frozen them wrapped individually in foil, in a ziplock freezer bag or in a tupperware bowl. I usually try to remember to pull them out of the freezer the night before so they are thawed in the morning. I use the regular setting on the microwave.

    Have fun camping!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make breakfast burritos all the time but it never dawned on me to freeze them for future use! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I am really excited to make and freeze these for my hungry boys!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails