Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

This was a new recipe I adapted from Taste of Home that I tried this week which my family loved. Next time I'm going to serve them with apple pie filling!

Just a note: on any of the recipes that call for pumpkin puree, you can use canned pumpkin or any kind of winter squash such as butternut. Here is directions on how to cook a pumpkin and make puree.


Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cup flour (I used half whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 T oil
2 T honey

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and honey in another bowl. Combine all ingredients together just until moistened. Fry on hot griddle. Enjoy.

7 comments :

  1. These sound so good! We made pumpkin chip muffins today to celebrate the start of fall. These are definitely on my list to try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of using my pumpkins for pancakes but am going to give it a try. Thanks always looking for new ways to use these canned goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet potato pancakes are pretty good, too. :-)

    Also have you ever made sweet potato biscuits? I wonder if the same thing could be done with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she does have a recipe for pumpkin dinner rolls on here

      Delete
    2. I don't know why not! Try it and let me know!
      Gina

      Delete
  4. I made these the day after you posted this recipe. So good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails