Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pesto Pizza

Pizza is a weekly event at our house. It is a fun way to enjoy whatever is in season in our garden.


 This week I whirled together some fresh pesto. (The leftovers went into ice cube trays and into the freezer to mimic this pizza in the winter.)



With the pesto spread on a crust with some sliced tomatoes, sweet yellow peppers, and mozarella cheese...



This was a pizza with memories to make you drool.

I didn't even mind that our children took one look at the green stuff and wouldn't try it. That meant more for Ed and me!


12 comments :

  1. This sounds really, really delicious!! Our next pizza for sure :) Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves pesto! I must try out your recipe Gina...basil seeds are germinating as I type hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I make a similar pizza with roasted peppers and onions also, and the tomatoes on top of that, then cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if your children would eat that! It looks yummy, my cilantro all died off and I miss it.
    Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pizza looks delicious. I have wanted to make fresh pesto but have never tried it before. I think I will give it a try. You made it look fairly easy to make. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckled at your line, Gina..more for you and your husband. Pesto pizza..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had pesto pizza, but that looks fabulous.

    I'd like to tell you the children will grow out of it, but my daughter is a teen now and still won't knowingly eat anything with onions in it. :-(

    I've nominated you for a beautiful blogger award. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried pesto pizza but I must try it soon! That looks delicious! How much pesto do you use? I know a little goes a long way. Thanks for another nutricious, yummy idea!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pesto pizza, it is really good. never made it myself though for a pizza, but have used pesto sauce for pasta.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails