Saturday, November 13, 2010

Homeschool Art Class

For the last three days, we were privileged to learn from Barry Stebbing from How Great Thou Art.


His three day art class for homeschoolers was well worth the time spent. I loved how he and his wife brought the Lord into the topic of art.


Mr. Stebbing teaches ages five to adult. My five and six year old were definitely on the young side and sometimes struggled to keep up with the fast pace of the class.


But they still enjoyed it, especially the painting.


And I learned a ton and am I'm now eager to add art to our days.


If the Stebbings ever come to your area for an art class, I'd encourage you to join the fun.

3 comments :

  1. Hello!
    I've recently begun reading your blog and really enjoy it. I would have loved to have enrolled our kids in the Stebbing's art class but the drive was a bit too long for three days ina row with a toddler and a newborn in tow. Hopefully in the future, we'll be able to.
    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you were there... I sent my two boys with my youngest sister. They enjoyed it very much, and yes painting was their highlight as well. They had a fun time at Grandma and Grandpa Funks over those three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so neat! Thanks for sharing about them. I am not blessed with art skills, so it's my tendency to shy away from doing art with the kids. What a great resource to have found!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails