Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Several  weeks ago, Ed's family were all together and shared a wonderful soup and bread lunch. I married into a family of great cooks and I'll be sharing a couple of my sister-in-laws soup recipes. This one is from Ed's sister Jean.

This recipe was in the paper from a local chef at a sandwich shop as one of his most popular soups. He said he makes his own sauce "but it takes to long to write down....Ragu works fine." So I usually use my own sauce, (which doesn't follow  any recipe to the letter.)

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
2 lbs. lean hamburger
2 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 c. uncooked brown rice
2-4 large green peppers cut in 1-inch pieces
2 quarts spagetti sauce (or Ragu Homestyle)
salt and pepper to taste
Brown hamburger in large soup pot, drain fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 2 hours on stove or longer if using crockpot. I like the peppers to stay green, so I don't add them till the rice is tender.  Makes 15 servings (approx.)

3 comments :

  1. I am enjoying all the soup recipes. It is chilly this morning and I believe soup and fresh bread is on the menu for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuffed Pepper Soup is in my regular soup rotation. We just had it a couple of nights ago for dinner. It is so simple and my family absolutely loves it. My son even likes it better than the actual stuffed peppers. :0) This soup is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails