Monday, January 28, 2019

Come, Come, Ye Saints

Sometimes a song puts into words the thoughts that are on my mind. Last week when we sang Come, Come, Ye Saints at church, I thought it fit perfectly what I've been thinking on the topic of rest.

All is well today because of Jesus.
All will be well tomorrow because of Jesus.

Come, Come Ye Saints
by William Clayton - adapted by Joseph F. Green
Hymns of the Church #811

Come, come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you the journey may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
We have a living Lord to guide,
And we can trust Him to provide;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell:
All is well! All is well!

The world of care is with us every day;
Let it not this obscure:
Here we can serve the Master on the way,
And in Him be secure.
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take;
Our God will never us forsake;
And so our song no fear can quell;
All is well! All is well!

We'll find the rest which God for us prepared,
When at last He will call;
Where none will come to hurt or make afraid,
He will reign over all.
We will make the air with music ring,
Shout praise to God our Lord and King;
O how we'll make the chorus swell:
All is well! All is well!

If you want to hear the words sung, you can watch this video. (You might need to click over to the blog if reading by email.) This video is meaningful to me because it is sung by Jess' youth group. To see her friends singing the words "all is well," chokes me up. But it is true.



10 comments :

  1. Wow! I was so surprised to see this you featuring this hymn as it was, to my knowledge, an LDS hymn. I didn't know that it had been adapted for use in other churches. I really enjoyed reading the alternate lyrics. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I echo this reply! I like the tune of this song, and it's good to see better lyrics.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, your testimony in song. It blessed me today. I need some fresh courage.
    I think I need to listen to the song again. And yes, it is jess' former chorus members!! Now she sings in a heavenly choir!
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang this in church last week as well. This is the only song that has been sung every year since the 500-voice Kansas Mennonite Men's Choir started giving a yearly concert in connection with the MCC fundraising sale. The offering taken up at the concert goes to MCC. The group has not always been 500-strong, but it's always a really neat program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hymns are different from the Baptist hymns that I was raised on and I love them all. You and your sweet family are on my written prayer list every month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUE HERMOSO HIMNO, AMO LOS HIMNOS ANTIGUOS, Y QUE HERMOSO QUE LO CANTAN. ALABADO SEA EL SEÑOR NUESTRO SALVADOR. ORAMOS POR TODOS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, this hymn is so sacred to me. It was written when Brother Clayton and his friends and neighbors were fleeing religious persecution. It is such a powerful statement about turning our lives fully over to God even in our darkest moments and trusting Him that the outcome will be right. It touches my heart that hymns worshipping God the Father and His son Jesus Christ can transcend denominational boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, please look earnestly into what your church actually teaches about God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and study the Bible and what it teaches. They do not line up. The triune God always has been and always will be, and He calls everyone to believe in Jesus Christ, the way, the truth and the life, who is and always has been God, not a man who became a god. And your well-intentioned works do not earn you anything at all. Come to the truth!

      Delete
    2. Beautiful & true words Julie. Thank you for sharing this comment. 💗

      Delete
  7. Beautiful hymn. Playing it today for the offetory.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails