Friday, November 7, 2008

Calzones

Just had to share our meal tonight!

I wanted to try making my own calzones. The response from tonight's experiment was a huge success according to the family! The children picked them up and ate them with their hands! They would also be great frozen and reheated for lunches. You could call them "hot pockets," if you wish.

First, make a batch of pizza dough and divide it into six balls. Then roll out each ball very thinly (1/8 inch). Spread on sauce and desired toppings. To keep from overfilling, I only placed the toppings on half of my dough circle.
My toppings tonight were alfredo sauce, chopped cooked chicken, and brocolli.
Oops! Almost forgot the cheese. And a little Italian seasoning. You could put up a toppings bar and have each person fill their own calzone. Just mark the tops somehow so you knows whose is whose after they bake!
Now fold the dough into a half circle, covering the toppings.

With a fork, squeeze the dough together. For an extra precaution, I folded the edge up again and again pressed it with a fork.
Continue with each circle. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
Enjoy!

3 comments :

  1. We made these tonight and what a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which pizza dough recipe do you use?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually use this pizza crust recipe.

    http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2011/01/pizza-crust.html
    It is so easy and always turns out great.
    Happy Baking,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails