Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chocolate-Laced Pecan Tart - Dutch Oven Style

 You all asked for some of the recipes from the Dutch Oven Gathering - so I emailed a few of the cooks for their recipe.

Bryce made this wonderful Chocolate-Laced Pecan Tart. It was as tasty as it looks. Bryce's mom Barb shares the recipe.



Chocolate-Laced Pecan Tart

Crust:  We used (I think) 1/2 recipe of pie dough.
4 c. flour
1 3/4 c. shortening
1 egg
1 T. vinegar
1 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cold water
Mix , roll out, place in dutch oven, forming about 1/2 way up sides.
(At this point, we put it in the freezer until we came to your house, then I put the filling in the crust.)

Filling: (I think we made 1 1/2 times)
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. gran. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2c. chopped pecans
1/2 - 3/4. c. choc. chips (or to suit your taste)
Stir together eggs, syrup, sugars, butter, and vanilla.  Stir in pecans.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over pie dough, pour pie goo on top, lay the crust (that is up the sides) down onto the pie goo.  Bake (for a regular pie it says to bake 350 degrees for 50-55 min.) Enjoy the sweetness (then go brush your teeth!)  =)

Thanks Bryce (and Barb!)

 

2 comments :

  1. it's always fun coming to your house & seeing how creative the chefs are! After we left your house, Zane said "I know what I want for my birthday next year...a dutch oven!" You all are planting great ideas into my boys' minds! Thanks again~Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! If you add another chef to your family - we all will be the winners!
      Gina

      Delete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails