Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Gift Ideas

Did you hit the stores early this morning? I'm not big into shopping (unless it is books) and I'm not sure what it would take to lure me out of bed before dawn to go to the mall. But if you were there, hope you enjoyed it for me!

With young children, I have found internet shopping to be best for the sanity of the whole family. Today, I thought I'd share a few gifts ideas that can be purchased from the comfort of your home. Many of these are home businesses, a few are friends, some have held giveaways here in the past, but none of these folks know that I am posting this today, and I will not benefit from your purchase.These are just products I love that I want to share with you.

1. Planner -
I love The Time Keeper for helping me stay organized. A lovely gift for a  busy mom.


2. Nature Friend magazine
My parents subscribed to Nature Friend when I was a child. When I was reintroduced to the magazine this year, I was impressed that all my favorite features were still there, such as You Can Draw, but the quality of photographs and the articles have increased in the past 20 years. Best of all, they still give glory to our Creator God. My children look forward to each issue, and especially enjoy the articles contributed by children.

3. Scripture recordings
Another product I enjoyed as a child is the Scripture recordings by George W. Sarris, The World's Greatest Stories. These are word-for-word Scripture read with drama. I've learned from listening how to make Scripture reading more interesting when I read to the children.


4. Jams
Yummy homemade jams from Baer's Pantry


5. Wooden toys
I have been so frustrated when buying toys for my boys. They love trucks and all things with wheels, but frequently the wheels are falling off within days. My parents gave my boys some trucks from Chickory Wooden Products. Two years of hard use, and they are still being enjoyed.  I think the prices are quite reasonable for quality toys.


6. Cookbook
Kay's Country Cookin' will give a cook new recipes to try for a long time.


7. Bath products
Homemade goat milk soaps, lip  balm, and lotion candles made by Homemaid Expressions.

Do you have a favorite place on the web to buy gifts?

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing all these great ideas. We are not much for Black Friday shopping either. The very idea of being in line at 3:00 A.M. just to go shopping amazes me. I hope you and your family have a great day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents got my children Nature's Friend magazine for Christmas one year - we like it a lot!

    I like to go to etsy for gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved Nature Friend as a kid.... I'll look into that for my own - Shaklee products are another great idea. Right now, you can get 101% off all orders plus other great specials..... www.srkindred.myshaklee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! It is always nice to have new options to mix with the tried and true. Since we are all from different backgrounds and different parts of the country, it helps to have a friend from somewhere else to give some tips and pointers.

    I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails