Wednesday, October 14, 2015

20 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes

Last year my porch was stacked with long-neck pumpkins (otherwise known as butternut squash). This year was a pumpkin growing failure but a friend gave us two huge neck pumpkins. I cooked one of the pumpkins and it made over 30 pint of pureed pumpkin!

But we love all the many ways to enjoy pumpkin, so it is a delight to have such abundance.

I was sorting through my pumpkin recipes and realized there are a lot of pumpkin recipes shared here at Home Joys through the years. I decided to make a index with links for the recipes to make it easier for you and I to find our favorites.



 Pumpkin Pie Squares



Flo's Pumpkin Pecan Braid



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies



Flo's Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake



Ugly Pumpkin Cookies



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins - a Sunday evening tradition at our house




Pumpkin Angel Food Cake




Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

Spiced Pumpkin Bars

Pumpkin Curry Soup

My Mom's Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Granola Cookies



Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie



Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars



Pumpkin Pudding



Spiced Pumpkin Butter



Pumpkin Pancakes



Pumpkin Squares with Cider Caramel Sauce



Pumpkin Dinner Rolls



Pumpkin Torte - I saved the best recipe for last. This is our hands-down favorite pumpkin dessert.

What is your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?

12 comments :

  1. My husband has loved the Pumpkin Torte recipe I got from you several years ago. Next, I think I will try the Pumpkin Choc. Chip bars. YUM!! My husband (jokingly) asked me if I would stay home from church tonight and have them coming out of the oven when he got home. I told him NO and I would pray for him. Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One rogue, mystery pumpkin seed in our garden that no one remembers planting (we think it is a "cheese" pumpkin) yields twelve large pumpkins. I cooked one down and got almost a gallon of puree. Two of the pumpkins were entered in the fair and two little girls each received a blue ribbon! One of the pumpkins was given to a much loved grandma and two given to awesome cousins. And plenty left to try out with these recipes. What a blessing that one pumpkin seed was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like pumpkin in alot of ways,some of which you mention. One that you didn't have is spiced pumpkin fudge. We owned and operated The Great Punkin Patch for 4 years,and that along with pumpkin whoopie pies was a best seller. I also sold a ton of pumpkin butter. I did not make that,however..it came from Lancaster county. I got so tired of making that fudge!! Funny,tho'..it has been a couple years now and I was just thinking about making some again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb-
      Spicy pumpkin fudge? That sounds yummy! Do you share your recipe?
      Gina

      Delete
    2. Gina, I will be happy to share the recipe! I will email it to you,that way you can format it into a recipe for your blog. I don't know how to that,sadly. Barb

      Delete
  4. I was never a huge fan of pumpkin and chocolate together, but that pumpkin torte may show up at church next week. I'm just curious, do you bake it after adding the egg whites? Looks like it is just folded into the pumpkin mixture and served with raw egg whites. I guess I could use the powdered whites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth-
      Pumpkin torte does have raw egg whites. That doesn't bother my family as we love even enjoy homemade eggnog with raw eggs - but then we are using farm fresh eggs, which maybe makes a difference.
      Gina

      Delete
  5. wow! I enjoy using pumpkin in recipes, but you have so many new ones!
    I am especially excited about the pumpkin angel food cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your great recipes and tips, Gina. Just wondering how you cooked your pumpkin before canning it? I've never canned pumpkin, but you've inspired me to at least consider trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use the oven to cook pumpkin - so I guess it is actually baking! This is so much easier and doesn't add water to the pumpkin.

      I wrote about it here. http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-cook-pumpkin.html
      Gina

      Delete
  7. I gotta try some of these. This was my first year to grow pie pumpkins. I'm trying to decide between 3 of them which one I want to try first. But first things, I'll have to look up that how to cook pumpkin post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for posting these! You have saved my weekend! I was at a loss on what to cook for my parents who are older and picky eaters. I plan on making that pecan braid this weekend. Bless you and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails