Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


We like many different things with pumpkin. (Not that you would have guessed!) But the reason I freeze and can pumpkin is for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I often mix these up on a Sunday evenings. They are just the perfect light meal with a glass of cold milk. No one minds seeing them at breakfast either. Who doesn't mind starting the day out with a bit of chocolate?

This recipe found in the master muffin mix post but I'm listing it here again without using the muffin mix, since this is typically how I make them. I always double the recipe so we have two dozen muffins, and we rarely have any leftover.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cup flour (I use half whole wheat.)
1/3 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup honey)
2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. (If using honey, mix with wet ingredients.) In another bowl, stir together eggs, milk, oil and pumpkin. Mix all ingredients together just until mixed. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.


7 comments :

  1. Hi Gina, These muffins sound really yummy. I also love pumpkin bread, it is my favorite and my hubbies :)
    I have been trying to read your post on bread making. It truly is an art and your's look like they turn out beautiful!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I just made pumpkin-chocolate chip baked oatmeal this morning. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, these look delicious! I've got pumpkin on the brain these days, too. "-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, these sound so delightful. The color of the muffin looks divine and no one can go wrong with a little bit of chocolate! I just love your blog, it's so warm and comfy.
    Have a great weekend!
    Many Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the muffin master mix! And now a pumpkin muffin recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!!! :) Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an older recipe but do you know how many it makes? I'm trying to stock the freezer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails