Friday, October 23, 2015

A Fall Birthday Tea





This week we had the fun of honoring my mom's 60th birthday with a tea party.



In my family, the females are far outnumbered by the menfolk, so it was special get together with just the girls.



The most popular guest was the newborn son of my sister-in-law - even if though he did break the all-girl attendance. Our girlie got some practice in being a big sister.



I'm not an experienced tea party hostess but I picked the brain of my talented friend, Regina, and drafted help from my sisters. My children had fun setting the table. Fall is such a fun time to decorate.



My mom is on the right with her sisters.



My sister made Michelle's wonderful pomegranate pear salad.



We had roasted red pepper soup and garden chowder.

I didn't get a picture of the sandwiches - croissant and foccacia bread with turkey, provolone, and apple slices.



Dessert was a choice of gingersnaps, apple torte, and chocolate coconut bars.

Thanks, mom, for giving us an excuse to enjoy good company and tea.

15 comments :

  1. How cute your girls are. Does your youngest understand new baby and she will no longer be the baby in the family? I really loved how you made the containers with popcorn kernals and beans on the bottom with the tea lights, very nice touch. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl-
      I'm sure she has no idea what is coming - though she is told often by her older siblings what changes are coming up. But thankfully she loves babies right now and points them out anywhere we go. Hope the excitement continues!
      Gina

      Delete
  2. Many happy returns of the day to your mother. She did a fine job raising you, by the way. My birthday was Monday of this week, and I'm near your mother's age. Happy birthday from me to her. Your tea party looks delightful; well done, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks delicious, Gina! Do you have a recipe on here somewhere for the apple torte?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! What a perfect party! Lovely ladies, lovely table and scrumptious food
    . And Girlie is getting so big! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looked so nice. The little girls in their pink, look so precious.Having a tea is so fun and feminine. It looked like everyone had a good time.
    The one gentleman guest is so cute,too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing to do for your Mom!! I am sure she loved it. Your table was beautiful,as were your guests! Happy birthday to your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gina,

    Are you are Mennonites, or are you and your husband the only ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the only one, but the others go to various churches with various practices.
      Gina

      Delete
  8. Teas are so fun to do, and easy to decorate for, for every season. I do love Autumn decorating the best though. The salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is the mother of the new little boy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great time! Lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails