Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pumpkin Pie


Every cook seems to have their favorite pumpkin pie. This is my mom's variation - and we think it is terrific!

1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup milk, scalded
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 T cornstarch
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 (9 inch) unbaked crust

Blend pumpkin, eggs, sugar, cornstarch and spices. Gradually add milk and mix well. Pour into unbaked crust. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes.

Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out this list at Amy's Finer Things!

2 comments :

  1. Pumpkin Pie is my favorite pie to make. It's easy to pick a favorite when one has only made one kind of pie in her whole life! I have just recently been blessed enough to leave my career to stay at home and teach my children. I am learning new things all the time that I never knew I loved to do! :) I have never seen anyone make a pie crust (Not even my own sister who just opened her own bakery! She only does cakes and such -no pies.), and I am having a hard time getting mine right. Do you have any tips or favorite crust recipes. I know it has a lot to do with the way it looks and feels, but I don't know how it should look and feel. :) Thank you for your blog! It is such an encouragement and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. A new pumpkin pie recipe. My baby (15 next month :0O) and I will be enjoying a Thankful Baking Day tomorrow before grandparents arrive, and this looks like a delicious variation for us.

    ...and welcome to home schooling Mrsg30286. It sure has been a wonderful, wonderful blessing in our household...much more than I expected as I quit my old paying job. Your "new" paycheck will be limitless. :0)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails