Thursday, July 8, 2021

Rosemary Yogurt Flatbread

 


I get in a rut with food, especially what I serve guests. If you have ate a meal at our house this summer, you likely were served flatbread wraps. 

My brother spent a couple years in the middle east and acquired a love of naan. A friend gave us this recipe for flatbread that is similar to naan, but simpler to make. The actually cooking takes time, but it isn't difficult. Especially if you don't worry about making your flatbread perfectly round.

I prefer them small, easier to handle and eat. We like to load them with veggies such as lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and avocado. Add some cheese and grilled chicken and drizzle with a yogurt sauce. The possibilities are endless and usually depend upon what I have on hand, but the result is always a satisfying meal.

Rosemary Yogurt Flatbread

3/4 cup warm water

3/4 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk

1 Tablespoon instant yeast

1 tsp honey

1/2 tsp salt

1 long stem of rosemary (strip off leaves and chop)

4 cups flour

Mix all ingredients except flour together. Add flour until makes a soft dough. Knead for five minutes. Divided into 12-15 balls and cover with a damp cloth. Rest for 15 minutes. Preheat skillet to medium-high heat. Roll out each ball of dough and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.







Yogurt Sauce

1 cup of plain Greek yogurt

1 clove of garlic, minced

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp cumin

1 T lemon juice

Mix all ingredients. Drizzle over flatbread wraps. Store in refrigerator.


What are you eating on these hot summer days?

8 comments :

  1. Veggie pizza, cherry cobbler, tuna salad,
    I just finished reading Ben Carson's "Gifted Hands" I think every middle school student needs to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I might drizzle a tiny bit of oil in the pan, but usually I use my ungreased cast iron skillet.
      Gina

      Delete
  3. We ate egg rolls and potato salad tonight. I've been wanting to make gyros- I make an herb-spiced meatloaf and slice it for the meat in them, and your flatbread looks fun- maybe easier than pita. I can see the leftovers being little pizzas for lunch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This makes the perfect mini pizza dough.
      Gina

      Delete
  4. Ooh yum! Thank you Gina for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, thanks so much for this meal idea! I haven't tried the flatbread recipe yet, because I had leftover cassava tortillas, but I made your sauce recipe and then made chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados to go with it. It was a huge hit here - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting these are my favorite. And I love anything with honey 🍯

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails