Thursday, November 1, 2012

Corn Chowder

Some of you have kindly how our family was affected by the hurricane that hit the northeast this week. We were very blessed to have been mostly untouched. The winds were strong and we had four inches of rain but we never even lost our current. Many in our area had trees down and lost power for over 24 hours.  But even that wasn't near as bad as areas closer to the coast. We had much to be grateful for

All this dreary, cold, rainy weather has me in the mood for soup.

But then, it doesn't take much to put me in the mood for soup - I LOVE soup! Here is one of our favorites.


Corn Chowder

3 potatoes, diced
1 stem celery, chopped (optional)
1 large onion, diced
2 cups corn
1 cup milk
2 T flour
2 T butter
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 strips of bacon, fried and crumbled (optional)

Place potatoes, celery, and onion in pan. Add water until almost covered. Cook until tender. Add corn, butter, salt, and pepper. Mix flour with milk and add to vegetables. Heat to almost boiling. Sprinkle bacon over top if desired.


7 comments :

  1. So glad to hear that all of you were safe during the storm. I love soups too and this one will be added to my "must make" list. I make soup often, for you can throw anything in a large pot and the aromas are so delightful throughout the house. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your blog I end up so hungry! It's not helping the diet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Will put this on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I love soup too-almost any kind. I will have to give this one a try. We really liked the cornbread. I think it would go great with this soup. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina, I just love soup, I made a pot of split pea soup for dinner. My Mother made alot of soup when we were kids.
    There is just something about a pot of soup just simmering on the stove. Glad your family had not to much trouble during Sandy.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it, we loved it, and it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup is amazing! I love your blog. Thanks so much for what you do.
    God Bless,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails