Friday, August 21, 2009

Loaded Oatmeal Cookies

I'm always on the look out for whole grain recipes. My family loves their sweets and if we can't cut out the desserts, I like them to at least have a little food value! This recipe is "loaded" with good stuff but it actually doesn't taste "good for you"! That made it a winner at our house!

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup craisins or raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Beat butter with brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour. Stir in remaining ingredients. Dough may be crumbly. Spoon onto baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment :

  1. Okay, this sounds WONDERFUL! I think I have all the ingredients, so hopefully I'll muster up the energy to make these for the kids after school! 1st trimester pregnancy really takes it out of me, but almost to the 2nd trimester, so there's hope! How old is your newborn? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails