Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Old Summertime!

I have not been around here much recently - but for a good reason! We are in that delightful season when wonderful food is coming into the kitchen by the bucket full! We are dining like kings and frantically trying to keep up with the surplus by freezing and canning! It is a lot of work but so worthwhile when we see the full jars at the end of the day!

In the next week, I plan to do grapes, pears, chicken corn soup and more tomatoes. Hopefully soon I can get back here and share some more recipes and gardening tips. But since I'd rather enjoy life then just write about it, you'll have to understand if I'm scarce around here for a time!

Here is just a few photos from the past few weeks.

Corn Day
Tomato Juice
Tomato Soup

Pizza Sauce
But it has not all been work! We've fit in picnics, reunions, splashing in the creek, and (above) backpacking overnight with Daddy!

3 comments :

  1. I really enjoy your posts and pics, but there is no need for you to apologize for not posting!! This is a very busy time of year. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to see the fruits of your harvest! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have time to fit in picnics and such. Good luck with all the canning this week. Have a great week and keep plugging on.

    God bless you all,

    Carlene

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails