Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year...and January Blog Fun

I love the start of a new year. It is a fresh new beginning. A time to evaluate the past and make goals for the future.

I always enjoyed the beginning of a new year on this blog. Typically I didn't write much in December and was eager to jump into blogging again in January.

But this year, I knew a new baby would take priority over everything else. Instead of a silent blog, I decided to contact some of my friends who enjoy writing and ask if they would consider guest posting in January.

I was overwhelmed by the generous response. These ladies started sent in files of their articles and stories full of encouragement for all of us. I could hardly wait until January to share them with you!

So for the next few weeks, you get the treat of hearing, not just from me, but from ladies across the US and Canada. Some of these ladies I've known for years in real life; others I only know from the words we've shared by email. All are conservative Mennonite women who love the Lord and their families and somehow find time in their busy lives to pound out words from their heart to inspire others.

I hope you are as blessed by their words as I have been. I love how their articles cover various aspects of life, from organization to adoption, pregnancy to yummy recipes.

If you want to make sure you don't miss anything this month, you can always sign up to recieve the Home Joys updates by email. Just fill in your email address in the box on the right column.

And I do hope your year is showered with the blessings of God's peace, a loving home, and rich friendships.

3 comments :

  1. Congratulations on the safe arrival of Paige. May her heart be drawn to the Lord Jesus Christ at an early age and may she love and serve Him all the days of her life. Please take lots of time to recover and adjust. If anyone offers help, take it. Meanwhile, I will be praying for you and your family as you delight in this new little daughter He has sent.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. conservative Mennonite women, you say?
    I'll have to set my inbox to notify me special when I get receive a post, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I am really looking forward to these guest posts. I follow on Bloglovin, so I won't miss any!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails