Monday, June 27, 2011

Under Foot

Thank you so much for all your expressions of sympathy over Jason's death. When we got home from the funeral and I checked the email, I was astounded at your many reassurances of prayer for Jean and the family. I can't tell you how much that meant to me.

And please keep praying. The adjustments and decision making for Jean has only just begun. As a family, we want to support Jean but it is hard to know just what to do. Her church has been surrounding her with practical help and expressions of love.  How good to see the Body of Christ in action.

Times like this make me evaluate my own life. Am I'm living in such a way that I will have no regrets if this were my last day on earth? I hope I don't lose the urgency of living  life with an eternal perspective.


On the home front, of course, no progress was made on the house addition during the week. But on Saturday, Ed's brother and nephews helped him put in the floor. The wood laminate snapped together easily and they had the whole floor installed in one day!


After a month of living with a plywood and concrete floor that was impossible to clean, it is absolutely wonderful to have a real floor!


After a quick mop job, we couldn't resist bringing in some furniture. The base board isn't in yet and we aren't sure even what furniture will eventually be in this room but what fun to see the room come together. My daughter says "it is like a real house!"

13 comments :

  1. Gina, The room is gorgeous! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Gina.

    I know that the Lord will help Jean and the family to be able to make the difficult decisions that need to be made. I know too, that He will comfort you all!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's beautiful!

    ~ still praying for Jean and the children ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your room coming together, and what a fantastic family you have -they have been such a help to you. They will be there for Jean too.
    Praying still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is beautiful....are those window seats on either side of the fireplace? great idea!

    I think of Jean and her children often, what an adjustment they have to make....praying they will feel God's loving guidance.

    Hugs to you and your family also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, It's been a long time since I've even been on my blog to check in on everyone, so sorry about Jason. I'll be praying for the family. If you don't mind I'll ask others to pray as well. My heart goes out to a wife and children who lose the husband and father. I know there are no words to really bring comfort, but God knows how to bring the comfort they need.
    Your addition is looking so wonderful. I know you are excited to be so close to finishing. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Gina! I love the beadboard, flooring, and colors!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We bought some laminate floor for the mobile home living room and hall. I'm excited to see how well it came out. My favorite spot would be in the corner with two windows and my cross-stitch with the fire going and the snow falling... well, if I had little kids running about maybe not.

    We have kept Jean and children in our prayers. I'm sure the harder part will be when it all quiets down and you are left with your thoughts.

    Thanks for letting us know so we could pray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot, Gina (and praying each time I do)- wondering how things are going for you.

    I started reading "One Thousand Gifts" last night- based on your recommendation - after waiting months for it from the library, and I thought how wonderful that you had read this as you deal with loss. It's already been such a good reminder for me that God is in control.

    And your room- your daughter's right, it is a house now. :-) What a wonderful space for your family. We've just ripped up our old living room carpet and are putting down a click-wood flooring next weekend, so I'll have some similar pictures to share- yours have made me all excited to see ours finished!

    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely room - can't wait to see more.

    Gina, my uncle died suddenly 13 years ago, leaving my aunt with three small children. I've gotten to see (and help) with taking care of "the widows and the fatherless." There's a lot a family's love can do. We support her emotionally and financially. It's been a painful journey at times, but so meaningful as I see the careful biblical directions for taking care of such families. May God give you all grace as you adjust and grieve. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you to me the dimensions of your room addition? We are planning on doing a similar project and I really would like to use yours as inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the addition was 15 by 20. This included the porch so the room itself would have been more like 12 by 20.

      Hope your addition project goes well. We sure love ours!
      Gina

      Delete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails