Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Green Bean Supreme


This time of year, green beans are on the menu almost every day! We usually just eat them with a little butter and salt or other seasoning. When I asked Ed if I should participate in Tammy's In Season Recipe Swap and if so, what recipe I should share, he immediately said this one!

1 cup sour cream (I use plain yogurt.)
2 T flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small diced onion
1 quart green beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs OR 1 cup crushed cornflakes

Mix sour cream, flour, salt, pepper, and onion. Layer beans in greased 9x9 casserole. Pour over sour cream mixture. Mix together bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

5 comments :

  1. This caught my eye today as one of the 'recommended' other posts.

    Looks like a great alternative to the traditional green bean casserole for our Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have fallen in love with all of your recipes and have literally been unable to stop poring over your blog and showing my family members how awesome it is (I am probably driving them a little crazy, but I know they will benefit when they get to be samplers!). You find ways to make food simple, delicious and healthy, and that is not always an easy task! Your style just reminds me of what I'd find in the comfiest home of my dreams:) I just love your lifestyle so much and you have inspired me to try and make sooo many other things as well. I also was very touched by your humility and selfless desire to serve God and your family. I can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. would like to try this, but I have fresh green beans to use - think they would work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very similar to my grandma's recipes. It was a staple at all of her holiday meals.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails