Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gingerbread Boys!

I thought I'd share a few of our favorite Christmas cookie recipes! It certainly would not be complete without my aunt's gingerbread boys!

1/3 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup table molasses (King Syrup)
Mix together.
1/2 cup cold water
Stir in.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 T cold water
3 cup flour
Add and mix well. Add 3 more cup of flour. You may need to mix by hand. Chill dough for 8 hours.
Roll 1/2 inch thick. Cut. If you prefer a crispy cookie, roll out 1/4 inch thick.
I like to add chocolate chips or M&Ms for buttons before baking. I'm into simple decorations! And it is easy for children to help! If you prefer, you can decorate with icing after the cookies cool.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Unless you roll them out thinly then only bake for 8 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails