Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Spinach Dip

As you might have guessed, I'm sharing some of the recipes that were stashed on my kitchen counter over the holidays. I always wish I had more time to blog in December since there are so many great foods to write about - but this year I decided I'm sharing some of those favorite recipes in January.



A friend shared this spinach dip with us in the fall and it is my new favorite. I know, I know, it is green. And it has spinach boldly in the name. That is enough to scare most from even tasting it.

But I like this dip so much I can eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. Except that my children love it too so either I have to hide it or eat fast before it is licked clean. All that cheese masks any spinach flavor, but I can still pretend I'm eating my green vegetables.

And did I mention it is super simple? As long as I have the ingredients in my fridge I can mix it up in minutes.

Spinach Dip

8 oz spinach
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese 
1 T mayonnaise
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Steam spinach and drain. Place  hot spinach with all other ingredients in food processor and mix well. Serve warm with crackers.

We accidentally ran out of crackers and found this makes a perfect sandwich spread too.

7 comments :

  1. I make mine almost the same. It's great isn't it? I use mozzarella instead of cheddar, usually. After mixing, I bake it for a few minutes. Chopped artichokes in it change it up from time to time. The artichokes aren't always budget friendly though. Leftovers are great stirred into hot pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that was a delicious dip for us to eat with carrots while we watched football last weekend! And thanks for the suggestion to use with pasta - I put the leftovers in with linguine instead of pesto and it was another big hit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, do you think that swiss chard would be okay in place of the spinach? I have a lot of it from the garden. Our spinach did terribly ! I think I'll try it, but I wondered your opinion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would work great, but I never tried it. Let me know if it works.
      Gina

      Delete
  4. Oh, Gina! Rosene made this for a snack at her church, and I really liked it! I made my Dez try it, and she went back up for 3rds! Way to go, thanks for sharing this winner! I'm printing it off for my box!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails