Thursday, January 12, 2017

Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball


I love all sorts of dips and spreads, but this one makes me drool just thinking of it. My sister-in-law shared this Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball with me this fall and I knew I wanted to make it at Christmas. As I guessed, it was a popular everywhere I shared it.

I'm sharing the recipe here so I don't lose it for next Christmas, though who says I have to wait that long?

Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball

16 oz cream cheese (2 packs) softened
1 cup craisins
2 tsp orange zest
1 T orange juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Coating:
1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
1/2 cup craisins
1 T orange zest

Stir cream cheese until smooth. Stir in craisins, orange zest, orange juice, and powdered sugar until combined. Place in fridge for ten minutes or more to get firm enough to shape into a ball. After shaping, place back in fridge for another ten minutes. Combine coating ingredients on plate. Roll cheese ball in coating. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Enjoy with crackers - and invite me!

 

7 comments :

  1. Sounds delicious! I am going to have to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. How do you candy the pecans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate, usually you coat the pecan in beaten egg white, then coat with your seasoning, like cinnamon sugar etc, then toast lightly on a tray at low temp
      in oven. That is what I do.

      Delete
    2. Athanasia, I see you posting in other people's blogs all over the place. I asked Gina for a reply. Please let her answer.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry I had forgotten to reply to your question, Cate. Athanasia is right. If you google you can find numerous recipes. I used the one from Heavenly Homemakers. Absolutely delicious.
      Gina

      Delete
  3. Hello Gina,

    This sounds so very delicious. I think I'll make one for our Women's Ministry church meeting next week. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe. It is really delicious.

    - Gustavo Woltmann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails