Like last month, this is just a list of goals and "possibilities". I really doubt we'll get this all done. You can read our goals here.
We enjoyed a week or two of milder weather in January and it was great to see the children enjoying outdoor play again. The photos in this post are from a walk at our favorite park.
Now we are back to cold weather again when hibernation sounds like a good idea to me!
- Examine our ground hog hole on Groundhog Day (Feb 2).
- Discuss the groundhog's changes during hibernation.
- Explore our neighbor's frozen pond.
- Identify some trees without leaves.
- Talk about how important trees are to animals.
- Make a rubbing of tree bark.