Monday, February 1, 2010

Enjoying God's World - February Plans

A new month! And time to share our February nature study plans.

Like last month, this is just a list of goals and "possibilities". I really doubt we'll get this all done. You can read our goals here.
We enjoyed a week or two of milder weather in January and it was great to see the children enjoying outdoor play again. The photos in this post are from a walk at our favorite park.

Now we are back to cold weather again when hibernation sounds like a good idea to me!
February plans
  • Examine our ground hog hole on Groundhog Day (Feb 2).
  • Discuss the groundhog's changes during hibernation.
  • Explore our neighbor's frozen pond.
  • Identify some trees without leaves.
  • Talk about how important trees are to animals.
  • Make a rubbing of tree bark.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, please take a pic of the ground hog hole? For us Aussies??
    What a lovely area to live in.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafty Mama -
    My husband reminded me that he filled in our ground hog hole! I'm sure he just went elsewhere and made a new hole - but I haven't discovered it yet - and hopefully it is further away from our garden! You'll just have to imagine!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still learning how to be a joyful homemaker and I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails