Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake


I seem to be on a chocolate kick recently. I will post about something else eventually, promise! Meanwhile, I wanted to share our Valentine's Day dessert - just in case your sweetheart loves chocolate and peanut butter as much as mine does!

I usually make a cheesecake for Valentine's Day and have made many different recipes. I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Not only was this recipe simpler then many I've tried - this cheesecake didn't form a huge crack down the center like most of my cheesecakes do.

And this recipe is RICH! Decadent would describe it well. To me it tastes like a huge Reeses Peanut Butter cup,which I love so much that Ed gave me a whole bag of them this week!

And peanut butter is good for you right? So this cheesecake can also go under the category of health food! At least I'm hoping!

A springform pan allows cheesecake slices to be removed easily. But if you don't own one, use a round or square cake pan instead. No one will care if their piece is a little squashed, as long as a piece of this cheesecake arrives on their plate.
18 chocolate graham cracker squares, finely crushed (1 1/2 cups)
(or use regular graham crackers if that is what you have on hand, like me)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 T sugar
2 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 T milk
peanuts to garnish, optional

Combine cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 T sugar. Press in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

Beat 1 package of cream cheese until smooth. Beat in peanut butter and 1/4 cup sugar until combined. Fold in one lightly beaten egg. Set aside.

In saucepan, stir chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Cube remaining package of cream cheese and add to chocolate. Stir to combine. Stir in milk. Fold in 2 lightly beaten eggs. Spread half of chocolate mixture into pan. Carefully spread with peanut butter mixture over chocolate. Spread remaining chocolate over top.

Bake at 300 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top is set. Center will look wet. Cool and chill at least four hours before serving.

7 comments :

  1. This sounds so good :) I think I will be making this soon. I'm thinking maybe I could make individual cheescakes by using a muffin tin and dividing up the crust mixture and filling evenly. Thanks for sharing such a great desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delish!!! And you have such a good little helper there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think one can post too many chocolate recipes!
    Besides, doesn't the antioxidants in some chocolate make it healthy? :D

    This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing in the world I love more then chocolate and peanutbutter together,along with my next favorite cheescake, this one could be dangerous for me lol. Thank you I have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dessert is heavenly- thanks so much for the recipe! My husband took most of it to work and it literally disappeared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Reese's! I'm making this today!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails