Roy Hession wrote about this chapter in The Calvary Road. He gave five marks of a bondservant. I'm sharing them here.
Five Marks of a Bond Servant
by Roy Hession from The Calvary Road
1. Must be willing to have one thing on top of another put upon him, without any consideration given him.
2. In doing so he must be willing not to be thanked for it.
3. Having done this, he must not charge the others with selfishness.
4. Must not congratulate himself for having done the first three, but realize that it is only the Lord in him that enables him.
5. Realize that in doing and bearing all this in meekness and humility, he has not done one stitch more than was his duty to do.
This is the Way of the Cross.
Read the whole chapter from The Calvary Road online.