Saturday, March 5, 2016

Book Review - Going Till You're Gone

Going-till-your-gone---special

I've enjoyed several books in Gary Miller's Kingdom-Focused Living Series. But I didn't plan to read Going Till You're Gone.

The subtitle is "Rethinking Retirement; A Kingdom-focused vision in midlife and beyond." Though I might not what to admit it, I'm squarely in the mid-life years. But retirement seems too far away to even contemplate, much less read a book about.

But my dad gave us Going Till You're Gone. He said that he wanted us to reach his age and not have regrets.

And now I'd recommend anyone, whatever their age, to read Going Till You're Gone by Gary Miller.

Going Till You're Gone includes the expected advice on wills and estate planning but contains much, much more. The majority of the book is a call to evaluate your life, get a vision for living for the Lord, and change your priorities to live a life with no regrets. I found the book convicting, inspiring, and encouraging. Almost every chapter revealed a new area in which to evaluate my present life according to God's Word. Gary encourages each of us to set an example of godliness to those younger than us. (And we all have someone who is younger than us.)

If you are willing to examine your life and be encouraged to use all your remaining time on earth to build the Kingdom of God, I highly recommend Going Till You're Gone. Available from TGS International.

2 comments :

  1. :-)

    Psalm 92:14

    They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green...






    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what good books to do reviews on. These have been a blessing to us, and I bless Gary Miller for writing them, as they are going to have a lasting impact on vision and following Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails