Monday, February 10, 2014

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pudding

 

An easy dessert to please your chocolate/peanut butter lover. This is the kind of recipe that has my family smacking their lips.

All you do is make two batches of pudding, one peanut butter and one chocolate.


Layer the peanut butter pudding,

 

then add the chocolate pudding.

 

Top with some whipped cream and sprinkles.

 

You can layer the pudding in a pretty glass dish but individual servings are extra special and bring a sparkle to my children's eyes. (And maybe their dad too.)

You may use your favorite chocolate and peanut butter pudding recipe and layer them together. Or use the recipe I share here (which uses honey!) from the More-with-Less cookbook.


Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pudding

Peanut butter pudding:
1/3 cup honey (or sugar is you prefer)
2 T cornstarch
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter

Chocolate pudding:
1/3 cup honey (or sugar)
2 T cornstarch
3 T cocoa
2 cups milk
1 T butter

Whipped cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
3 T powdered sugar

In pan, combine honey, cornstarch, and milk. Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter. Divide into six or eight glasses (I used 1 cup jelly jars.) Refrigerate uncovered while you make chocolate pudding.

To make the chocolate pudding, repeat process. In pan, combine honey, cornstarch, cocoa, and milk. Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add butter. Spoon pudding on top of peanut butter pudding. Cover each pudding cup with plastic wrap so that the plastic wrap touches the pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Before serving, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla into soft peaks. Top each pudding with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Serve.

6 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMmmmmmmm....Thank you for posting this!! I've been wanting to research different pudding recipies as all the ones I know use egg, and my son has an egg allergy....(I've tried ones using chia, or even avocado, but I kinda prefer the traditional taste) I never thought of cornstarch! I also love the honey alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do this with chocolate and butterscotch puddings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this. My family would love it. Especially my chocolate and peanut butter loving husband. I love the layered in jars idea for individual servings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! Not only does it look delicious, but I love the fact that you can use honey instead of sugar. Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pudding is my all-time favorite dessert, but I've never even heard of peanut butter pudding before, I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails