Friday, June 12, 2015

How I Met My Husband

In honor of her anniversary, Bethany at About My Father's Business is sharing her friend's stories about how they met their husband. She asked me to share my story. It was fun to look back and relive those days.

How I Met My Husband  
Or Pride and Prejudice 
Lightening flashed and thunder rumbled - but it was only an ordinary summer thunderstorm - not an indication that I had just met my future husband. 
I was standing on the front porch when I first saw him. Around me swirled laughter and chattering voices. My friend Teresa, and her sisters had planned a picnic on July 4, 1998. They invited a wide variety of youth from among their acquaintances at church, school and work. When two young men ambled up the walk, I guessed that they were Ed and Marlin, Teresa's co-workers who I had heard about often but never met.

Go to About My Father's Business to read the rest of the story. I was long-winded enough to take several days to tell the tale.
Part OnePart TwoPart Three

Thanks, Bethany for the opportunity to guest post on your blog.

8 comments :

  1. I just hopped over and read your "How We Met" story! It was beautiful and a testimony that if we submit ourselves to the Father, He will not only supply our needs, but give us the desires of our heart (even if we don't see it at the time!) I'm a relatively new reader, but I smile every time I see you pop up in my feed! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Gina! I'm so glad you were "long-winded" and willing to share with us, I enjoyed it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the story of how you met Ed, Gina. Everyone's stories are so different and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your story, Gina. Have you read "Vera's Journey"? Written about my husband's grandmother, it chronicles her struggle between Brethren and Mennonite. Vision Publishers sells the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vera's Journey has been on my shelf for a couple years and I've skimmed its pages but some day I need to sit down and read it cover to cover. I really enjoyed what I read!
      Gina

      Delete
  5. I very much enjoyed your "how we met" story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story!! Happy ending, and it just keeps getting better, it seems!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your story, Gina! Isn't God amazing? Happy Anniversary, soon, sometime in July?!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still learning how to be a joyful homemaker and I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails