Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thunderstruck

 I love when I read something that puts the Scripture - even a very common Scripture - in a new light.

Like this post by Stephanie J. Leinbach-

Last Sunday, I was thunderstruck while sitting in church.

And here let me pause to say that thunderstruck is such an interesting word, especially because, in the literal sense, it cannot be true: Thunder cannot strike anyone. Figuratively, it means to be astonished or astounded.

It’s not unusual for me to be thunderstruck in church. Usually, it means that some great spiritual truth has confronted some great spiritual need in my life, and I see a problem in a new light—that is, the True Light.
Go read the rest.
I've wanted Stephanie to start her own blog for years. And finally she did. But she wouldn't let me share it with you until today. And that was only after I twisted her arm and told her that you all would pray for her family in the next few days.

Some of you have asked about Stephanie's daughter after her sudden onset of seizures last spring. I think this will give more of her story.

I know many of you believe in prayer. So can you help me hold them up this week?

Go to The  Connection between Trust and Emotional Stability to read more.

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for encouraging your friend to write a blog. Her post will reach many hearts, and I'm very glad I read it.
    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gina, for encouraging Stephanie to share her blog with us. She is a friend from my PA teaching days. I am delighted to add her blog to my list of good reads!
    ~Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I'm still learning how to be a joyful homemaker and I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails